Arts Ed NJ (previously the New Jersey Arts Education Partnership) was established in 2007 with the mission to provide a unified voice for a diverse group of constituents who agree on the educational benefits and impact of the arts, specifically the contribution they make to student achievement and a civilized, sustainable society.
CORE VALUES AND PURPOSE
Arts Ed NJ is a diverse group of constituents who agree on the educational benefits and impact of the arts, specifically the contribution they make to student achievement and a civilized, sustainable society.
Core Values (What we stand for):
a) Arts Education is essential to basic knowledge and a fundamental right of every citizen in our schools and across our communities.
b) The collective voice of diverse stakeholders is the most effective means for advancing the arts in education.
Core Purpose (What we are trying to achieve):
• The Arts have an essential role in education both for their intrinsic value and for the ways in which they enhance general academic achievement and improve students’ social and emotional development.
• To further the impact of arts education in New Jersey we want to:
• Create an environment where every preschool through post-secondary student in the state will have an education in the arts and the arts must be included as serious, core academic subjects taught by highly qualified, certified teachers.
• Empower education policy makers to incorporate recent research on the value, impact, and unique contribution of arts education on the overall educational development of all of our children.
• Ensure that, as part of any basic education, arts education is fully funded at the district and state levels.
• Highlight the role and impact of high quality arts education in lifelong learning.
• Highlight the unique role and service of highly trained professional artists to assist teachers, schools and communities in meeting their goals.
• Create and strengthen partnerships among schools, arts and community organizations to enhance arts education and arts participation of all citizens.
June 12, 2018
Ahhh June. The end of the school year. The exhilaration of completion. The ...
New Jersey Arts Integration Think and Do Workbook
The New Jersey Arts Integration Think and Do Workb...Arts Ed Summer 2018
This summer, arts ed advocates all over the state ...MOST MONMOUTH AND OCEAN COUNTY CITIZENS BELIEVE ARTS EDUCATION IS IMPORTANT BUT ARE MIXED ON ITS FUNDING, IMPLEMENTATION AND STUDENTS’ ACCESS TO PARTICIPATION OPPORTUNITIES
Few Active in Promoting Arts Education in Schools ...
Guest Blog by Alyssa Sileo of The Laramie Project Project
Thanks to my arts education, I can say that, as an...New Jersey Thespians are proud to be joining the Governor’s Awards in Arts Education this year!
NJ Thespians is the state chapter of the Education...Committee Member Spotlight with Lora Marie Durr AENJ
AENJ has been busy planning events for NJ’s art ...
ARTS ED NJ RELEASES TITLE I SUPPORT WEBSITE FOR SCHOOL LEADERS
New Resource Demonstrates the Use of Arts Educatio...The Beat: Arts Ed NJ’s Monthly Newsletter – December
A Farewell to Kris Wenger...2017 SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATE SURVEY RESULTS
Arts Ed NJ recognizes that understanding candidate...
Arts Ed Summit 2017
Join with arts education thought leaders for this ...
- New Jersey Arts Integration Think and Do Workbook