Arts Ed NJ (previously the New Jersey Arts Education Partnership) was established in 2007 with the mission to provide a unified voice for a diverse group of constituents who agree on the educational benefits and impact of the arts, specifically the contribution they make to student achievement and a civilized, sustainable society.
CORE VALUES AND PURPOSE
Arts Ed NJ is a diverse group of constituents who agree on the educational benefits and impact of the arts, specifically the contribution they make to student achievement and a civilized, sustainable society.
Core Values (What we stand for):
a) Arts Education is essential to basic knowledge and a fundamental right of every citizen in our schools and across our communities.
b) The collective voice of diverse stakeholders is the most effective means for advancing the arts in education.
Core Purpose (What we are trying to achieve):
• The Arts have an essential role in education both for their intrinsic value and for the ways in which they enhance general academic achievement and improve students’ social and emotional development.
• To further the impact of arts education in New Jersey we want to:
• Create an environment where every preschool through post-secondary student in the state will have an education in the arts and the arts must be included as serious, core academic subjects taught by highly qualified, certified teachers.
• Empower education policy makers to incorporate recent research on the value, impact, and unique contribution of arts education on the overall educational development of all of our children.
• Ensure that, as part of any basic education, arts education is fully funded at the district and state levels.
• Highlight the role and impact of high quality arts education in lifelong learning.
• Highlight the unique role and service of highly trained professional artists to assist teachers, schools and communities in meeting their goals.
• Create and strengthen partnerships among schools, arts and community organizations to enhance arts education and arts participation of all citizens.
November 10, 2017
Save the date: #GivingTuesday 2017 is November 28th. We’re proud to ...
2017 SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATE SURVEY RESULTS
Arts Ed NJ recognizes that understanding candidate...Arts Ed Summit 2017
Join with arts education thought leaders for this ...2017 NJ Arts Education Census Project
AS NEW JERSEY APPROACHES ‘UNIVERSAL ACCESS’ TO...
The Beat: Arts Ed NJ’s Monthly Newsletter – September 2017
September is here and it is going to be a Septembe...ARTS ED NJ LAUNCHES 2017 SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATES SURVEY
September 12, 2017 Contact: Robert Morrison...Arts Ed NJ Statement of Principles
Arts Ed NJ Statement of Principles...
2016 School Board Candidate Survey Results
The New Jersey Arts Education Partnership recogniz...NEW! Eagleton Poll Shows Statewide Support for Arts Education
ALMOST ALL NEW JERSEYANS BELIEVE ARTS EDUCATION IS...“ARTS ED NOW” CAMPAIGN LAUNCHES SEPT 12, 2016
“ARTS ED NOW” CAMPAIGN LAUNCHES SEPT 1...
Taking the lead on ArtsEdNow with Michele Russo
I had an opportunity to speak with Michele Russo, ...
- 2017 SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATE SURVEY RESULTS